Delicious soft and savory meatballs soaked in a thick sauce is one of the best ways to have beef. We’ve all had meatballs at least once in our life. If you haven’t it is time to have it. Perfectly seasoned beef cooked with a thick tomato sauce and covered in cheese is the main idea of Tex-Mex Meatballs. This dish requires some handwork and frying.
In this recipe, you’ll learn how do you make meatballs from scratch. You have to make those meatballs perfectly round and tight. Otherwise, they will fall apart when you are about to cook them. The egg and breadcrumbs work as a binding agent.
Best & Delicious Tex-Mex Meatballs Recipe
Tex Mex Meatballs Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2 cup shredded Mexican cheese `
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil extra-virgin
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 15 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, 1 cup of cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, jalapeño, egg, and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined, then form into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add meatballs in a single layer and sear 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes and chipotle in adobo and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and return meatballs to skillet. Cover and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese, then cover with lid to let melt, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Tex-Mex Meatballs has a high amount of calories and a good number of fat and carbohydrates too. But considering the numbers of carb and fiber, it has you can be sure that it is a low carb meal. It’ll be a good addition to your low carb lunch ideas.
From this easy meatball recipe, you’ll also get a healthy amount of protein. But unfortunately, this recipe contains a huge amount of cholesterol.
How do you keep meatballs moist?
How do you keep your meatballs juicy? Simple just pick the fattiest meat you can get. No extra fat just the fat between the meat layers. And also combining different meats can help too.
Adding cheese also helps with it. And remember not to over-mix the mince. Then bake the meatballs in the preheated oven if you’re cooking in the oven.
Do you need breadcrumbs for meatballs?
Breadcrumbs keep the meats in the ball together. There is always a chance of them breaking apart while cooking. And if they do, It’ll be a terrible mess. It’ll turn into literally any recipe but meatballs.
Is it okay for meatballs to be a little pink?
Pink meatballs are not a good way to eat at all. Usually, they can cause food poisoning. Because minced meat gets cooked easily. If it’s pink that means it has not been cooked properly.