One of the special items of Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme is hands down the best taco ever. Who wouldn’t want to make them in the home if they can? A spectacular combination of beef, 3 different spices, sauce, and of course cheese wrapped by a tortilla is like a dream come true. So instead of ordering one and how about making it at home with the ingredients of your own choice? This Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme is Taco Bells one of the best fast foods to make at home.
Here Is The Step By Step Guide To Make Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme
Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. nacho cheese sauce
- 4 to stada shells
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, combine ground beef and spices and season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat and wipe skillet clean.
- Stack 4 large flour tortillas and place a tostada shell in the center. Using a paring knife, trace around edges of shell to cut 4 smaller flour tortilla rounds.
- Build Crunchwraps: Add a scoop of ground beef to the center of remaining 4 large flour tortillas, leaving a generous border for folding. Drizzle cheese sauce over each, then place a tostada shell on top. Spread sour cream over each shell, then top with lettuce, tomato, and cheeses. Place smaller flour tortilla cutouts on top and tightly fold edges of large tortilla toward the center, creating pleats. Quickly invert Crunchwraps so pleats are on the bottom and they stay together.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add Crunchwrap seam-side down and cook until tortilla is golden, 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining Crunchwraps.
This Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme is literally high in everything except fiber and sugar. For each serving, there will be 950 calories. Which is obviously high. Also, it has a high amount of cholesterol and carbohydrate too. They will surely cause your weight gain. Not all fast foods are healthy. You have to be careful before choosing your diet plan.
But if you are looking for a heavy meal then this will be the right choice. If you work out and need a good source of calories, carbs, and protein then Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme is the best choice for you.
Can I make this dish healthier?
Switching the ingredients with healthy, low fat, and carb ingredients will help to make this dish healthier. A few changes will do the job. Like instead of cheese sauce you can use dijon mustard. Using cottage cheese instead of others will also cut down a good amount of fat. You can render the fat out of the beef and help to reduce the extra fat with calories. Also, instead of flour tortillas try to use corn tortilla. Even though they are smaller in shape they cause less weight gain.
Can I Use Corn Tortillas In Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme?
Flour tortillas are actually preferred for this dish. Because they can hold more toppings than corn tortillas. Corn tortillas are actually healthier because they are whole grain. And whole-grain tortillas cause less weight gain. Also, they are rich in fibers. Fiber helps you with digestion.
By the way, you can check out all the latest recipes and articles on our homepage. Click Here to hover there.