Cut, season and boil. That’s it. That’s all you need to do for this recipe. It’s so easy that I’ll suggest to let your little ones cook this soup. They’ll learn an easy quick and healthy chicken noodle soup that they can cook any time anywhere.
All you need is a rice cooker to cook this Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. No need to add the mentioned vegetables at all. Try to add your favorite vegetables. And make sure they get boiled at the same time. Put the hard vegetables first then a while later add the soft veggies to cook properly.
How Do You Make Chicken Noodle Soup From Scratch?
Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Crock pot
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 ounces spaghetti broken into thirds
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Put the chicken in the crock pot. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Put the stock in and then add every other ingredients except lemon juice, pasta and parsley.
- Cover the cooker with lid and cook for 6-7 hours at low heat.
- Uncover the crockpot and take out the chicken.
- Shred the chicken and add it to the soup again.
- Put the pasta in and boil it for around 30 minutes at low heat until its cooked perfectly.
- Add lemon juice and parsley before serving.
Is Chicken Noodle Soup Really Good For You?
Chicken soup has a fame for being one of the best homemade remedies. The sweet and sour savory flavor of the broth brings back childhood memories. It has a great ability to heal cold and also stop inflammation. The steaming broth of the chicken soup thins the mucus and as well as provides enough electro light to heal your body ASAP.
How Do You Add Flavor To Chicken Soup?
Natural dried spices are the best way to increase soup flavor. Any kind of soup if it feels a little dull and flavorless try adding dry spices to it. Spices like dried thyme, dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, etc.
Do You Cook Noodles Before Adding To Chicken Soup?
No need to cook the noodle before adding it to the soup. You can do it but why bother using another pot when you can do it in one single pot.
What Can You Add On This Chicken Soup?
Any vegetable that you can chop into bite sizes or can be eaten in one bite is preferred for this dish. You can use beans too. Carrot, parsley, potato, spring onion, radish, corn, etc. The broth is the vital element for a perfect soup. It is the body of the soup. Be selective about the broth.
How Can I Thicken Chicken Soup?
You can add flour or cornstarch in your soup by mixing them in water in order to thicken the soup. While making the broth or in the soup add cornstarch mixed with water to thicken your soup.