- Best Dinner Ideas for Birthday
- Celebrate Your Birthday Dinner At Home With Our Super Delicious Food Recipes
- Lasagna Casserole
- Roasted Chipotle Chicken
- Smoky Sausage & Pepper Skillet
- Smoked Honey-Peppercorn Salmon
- Meatballs with Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Spicy Sausage Pizza with Burrata
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- How To Select The Best Birthday Dinner Menu (Budget-Friendly)?
- What Should anyone Make For Birthday Dinner specifically?
- What Restaurants Offer Free Birthday Dinner?
- Is there any Cheapest Food option to serve At a Birthday Party?
- I’m Not An Expert Cook, So How Can I Cook A Birthday Dinner?
- What You Really Should Make On Your Birthday?
- Are These Birthday Dinner Recipes Healthy?
Your birthday is the most important day of your life, and you want to celebrate it with your loved ones (friends and family). What can you do to make this day memorable? Any idea? No, then let me tell you that you can host a birthday dinner? Yes, birthday dinner, Whether Big or small, is a great opportunity to gather friends and family to enjoy each other’s company. You can spend quality time and cherish moments with them, which is usually not possible in a busy routine life.
The best part about a birthday dinner party is that you can do everything that you want because you are the host. Moreover, you can cook food for your loved ones to show them your happiness and gratitude.
When it comes to cooking food for friends and family at birthday dinner, you definitely want to serve them with the best, so the selection of birthday dinner recipes is crucial. Sometimes you picked a recipe and bought all the ingredients, but it turned out disastrous or did not like by guest. So choose a recipe wisely by keeping in mind your guest’s liking and disliking or your cooking skills also.
Best Dinner Ideas for Birthday
Let me give you some best birthday dinner ideas recipes so that you can make your birthday memorable and spend some quality time with your loved ones. These birthday dinner ideas at home have a variety of recipes from homemade pizza to grilled salmon and don’t require any particular cooking skill. You can choose any recipe from the list according to your convenience and guest‘s love for a particular dish.
We won’t confuse you by providing you thousands of bet birthday dinner recipes and we also won’t share only 2/3 recipes because you might not like them and you will also not have any option but leave this post.
So, here we are with some best dinner ideas that could fit on your birthday’s food list. They are not picked by some random people’s choice. We did some little research and these are the foods that are shaking people’s birthday. 😂
|1. Lasagna Casserole|
|2. Roasted Chipotle Chicken|
|3. Smoky Sausage & Pepper Skillet|
|4. Smoked Honey-Peppercorn Salmon|
|5. Meatballs with Cherry Tomato Sauce|
|6. Spicy Sausage Pizza with Burrata|
|7. Easy Chicken Pot Pie|
Before we talk about the recipes, you must know that there are different kinds of people on earth. And of course, different people have different kinds of choices. We can’t guaranty you that these will really blow your friend’s and relative’s mind. But we can assure you that these recipes are really great even I also tried them at my home.
By the way, if you wanna add dessert to your list, then we also do have some simple, fresh, healthy & tasty Milkshake Recipes. Go and check them out.
Celebrate Your Birthday Dinner At Home With Our Super Delicious Food Recipes
Now sit in a comfortable chair and take a deep breath to clear up your mind. Because below down here we breakdown all the birthday dinner ideas recipes. So, are you ready to make your birthday more special with these ideas and blow your friend’s mind with the amazing taste that I am going to share with you? If you are, then let’s dive into it. 🤑
Cheesy, flavorful, and yes, of course, filling; that is yummy Lasagna Casserole. This lasagna casserole has all the flavors of traditional casserole and contemporary lasagna. This recipe is one of my most favorite birthday dinner recipes due to many reasons, such as less preparation time, easily available ingredients moreover hassle-free cooking making it suitable for the birthday dinner menu. You don’t need to layering as everything is assembled in a casserole dish. Let’s start with a super easy recipe.
- Microwave Oven
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tbsp teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound medium pasta shells cooked and drained
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 cups cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 24 ounces pasta sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and remaining pepper. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with beef mixture and spaghetti sauce (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips And Recipe Variation Ideas
- Lasagna casserole is highly customizable. You can add veggies and sausages too.
- You can substitute cottage cheese with ricotta cheese for a more cheesy and classy flavor.
- Instead of parsley flakes, you can use mixed dried Italian herbs.
- You can add more spices of your choice to make it spicier.
- You can easily refrigerate the leftover casserole. Cover it with aluminum foil and put it in the freezer. You can reheat it easily in the microwave too.
Every single bite of this Lasagna Casserole is so flavorful and mouth-watering that your guests can’t resist it. So don’t forget to include this recipe in your birthday dinner menu.
Roasted Chipotle Chicken
When it comes to birthday dinner ideas at home, then roasted chicken recipes are truly a lifesaver, especially when you prepare them with a little twist. Roasted Chipotle Chicken is one of such recipes that are equally liked by people of all ages. It is not only delicious but also its glazy appearance makes it irresistible to eat. Moreover, the ingredients list is simple, and you can easily find them in your pantry.
WHOLE ROASTED CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
- Microwave Oven
- 1 4 Pound whole chicken, innards reserved for another use or discarded
- 2 chipotle peppers plus
- 2 tbsp sauce from a can of chipotle in adobo sauce
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Put the whole chicken on a plate and place it uncovered in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours. This will help dry out the skin a little and get it crispier.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Add the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce and olive oil to a small food processor and blitz until blended together, about 30 seconds.
- Place the chicken on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. Loosen the skin from around the breasts and rub the chipotle mixture underneath the skin and all over the chicken, including inside the cavity. Sprinkle with the salt. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Turn the wings under each breast; you may need to break a joint to do this.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 300°F and roast for another 60 to 75 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F or the juices run clear at a small cut in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
Tips and Recipe Variation
- Chipotle peppers are packed with heat, so if you want a mild taste, then you can substitute it. Moreover, you can reduce the quantity of pepper as adobo sauce also contains Chipotle peppers.
- Use a kitchen thermometer to check the internal temperature for perfect doneness.
- You can make the sauce one day earlier when you are planning good birthday dinners.
- You can put whole chicken with skin in the fridge before making it for three to four hours. This will help to dry out the skin a little and get it crispier.
- You can roast whole chicken or roast chicken chunks by following the same recipe.
I hope this recipe will be a good addition to your birthday dinner menu as it is quick, easy, and hassle-free to prepare. Moreover, many people like the chicken recipe.
Smoky Sausage & Pepper Skillet
Undoubtedly you are short of ideas when you want to arrange the best birthday dinners. Recipes in the birthday dinner menu should be hearty, flavorful, and hassle-free to prepare. Smoky Sausage & Pepper Skillet is one of such recipes that is not only a visual treat but also yummy for the tummy. Moreover, you can pair it up with rice, pasta, garlic bread, or roasted chicken easily.
Smoky Sausage & Pepper Skillet
- 1 Pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 large green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 tbsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add green peppers and onion to the same skillet; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, milk, parsley, marjoram, and pepper until blended; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Return sausage to pan; heat through. Stir in cheese until blended. Serve with rice.
Tips And Recipe Variations
- Don’t cook sauce much as it becomes too much thick. Keep it in moderate consistency.
- You can add tomato chunks too, but de-seed the tomatoes first.
- Mushrooms also pair well with sausages.
- You can easily refrigerate the leftover.
- If you don’t want to make a saucy version, then you can skip the sauce, prepare the recipe with all dried ingredients and herbs.
Your friends and family will love this combination of sausages, peppers, and onions and definitely ask for more at birthday dinner. Moreover, it is easy to cook, and you can prepare it within half an hour.
Smoked Honey-Peppercorn Salmon
Whenever you want to prepare something exceptional on special occasions, such as good birthday dinners, then salmon comes to mind. It is so exotic, flavorful, and easy to prepare. Here I’m going to share one such recipe Smoked Honey Peppercorn Salmon; hassle-free to prepare and best for birthday dinners.
Smoked Honey-Peppercorn Salmon
- Grill Rack
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup salt
- 1 tbsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp ground allspice
- 1/2 Cup cold water
- 1 Pound salmon fillet
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1 tbsp whole peppercorns, crushed
- 2 Cup soaked hickory wood chips
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until brown sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add the cold water to cool the brine to room temperature.
- Place salmon in a large resealable plastic bag; carefully pour cooled brine into the bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard brine; rinse salmon and pat dry. Spread honey over fillet; sprinkle with peppercorns.
- Add wood chips to grill according to the manufacturer's directions. Place salmon on greased grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, 45-50 minutes.
Meatballs with Cherry Tomato Sauce
When you search for birthday dinner ideas at home, then Meatballs With Cheery Tomatoes seems perfect for this special occasion. These hearty and saucy meatballs can be paired up with rice, pasta, or noodles easily so you can serve the number of guests easily.
Meatballs With Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Microwave Oven
- 1 Pound ground beef sirloin
- 1 Pound ground pork
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup panko bread crumbs, divided
- 1 Cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Cup torn fresh basil
- 1/2 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 Cup pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Pound cherry tomatoes halved
- 14 Ounce canned crushed tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 Ounce fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- MAKE THE MEATBALLS: In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, milk, eggs and ½ cup of the panko; set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the parsley, basil, Parmesan, pine nuts, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and ¼ cup of the olive oil. Process until the herbs are finely chopped, about 45 seconds.
- Add the herb mixture to the meat mixture and mix until the ingredients are incorporated. Shape into large balls that are bigger than a golf ball but smaller than a tennis ball; you should end up with about 18 total. Roll them in the remaining 1 cup panko.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook until crispy all over, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and wipe down the skillet.
- MAKE THE CHERRY TOMATO SAUCE: In the same skillet, melt the butter with the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until they start to fall apart, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat and simmer until reduced slightly, about 10 minutes.
- FOR SERVING: Pour the tomato mixture over the meatballs and top with the mozzarella. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with basil, drizzle with basil vinaigrette or pesto, and serve over pasta or with a side of polenta.
Tips And Recipe Variations
- Cherry tomato sauce is the recipe’s soul, so follow all steps carefully while making cherry tomato sauce. A little mistake like overcooking can ruin the taste.
- If you don’t have cherry tomatoes, then you can use regular tomatoes, but the taste will be different slightly. You can use canned tomatoes too.
- For a spicy version, you can add green chilies to tomato sauce. You can add Chipotle pepper, too, but some people don’t like its taste due to its excessive hotness.
Moreover, you can omit any spice or herb which you don’t like or hard to find.
These are some of the best recipes for your birthday dinner ideas. You can make them on your birthday and make people surprise and never let them forget your birthday with your amazing recipe. You should definitely try them out for once.
Spicy Sausage Pizza with Burrata
Best birthday dinners are incomplete without a pizza, especially when your guest madly loves pizza. Spicy Sausage Pizza with Burrata is good to go option as it has plenty of cheese, meat, and veggies. It is appetizing, tasty, and filling at the same time. Moreover, you can make it within half an hour without any hassle. Don’t tell your friends that you are using ready-made pizza crust; just impress them with your cooking skill.
Spicy Sausage Pizza With Burrata
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cup cheese ( preferably Boursin )
- Some basil leaves
- Some floret of broccoli
- Some kale
- Some burrata cheese
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 packet spicy sausage
- One large, prebaked pizza crust ( medium-sized )
- First of all, you need to Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the pizza crust in a baking dish and brush it with one tbsp of olive oil; soon after this, spread the even layer of Boursin cheese onto the pizza crust.
- In a frying pan heat, some of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced sausage and cook until they golden brown on both sides. Stir occasionally to avoid overcooking.
- Shred the kale or finely chopped and chopped the broccoli florets too.
- Arrange the sausage slices, and basil leaves, broccoli, and kale on the pizza crust in an even layer. Drizzle some of the olive oil on the toppings. Drizzle some red chili flakes to make it spicier.
- Now put the pizza crust along with toppings in the pre-heated oven. Bake for fifteen minutes or until vegetables gets tender.
- Let it cool for five minutes, and then spread the burrata on top of the pizza. Garnish with some fresh basil leaves.
Tips And Recipe Variation
- This pizza is highly customizable, so you can easily customize it according to your guest’s taste. Moreover, you can add more veggies of your choice, such as mushrooms and bell peppers.
- You can make it spicier by adding more chili flakes and some other spices.
- Burrata gives this pizza, so exotic taste, so don’t skip it.
This burrata pizza will be the healthiest and yummiest addition to your birthday dinner menu, so don’t forget to try it.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Tempting, comforting, and appealing to all senses; yes, this is our next recipe, Chicken Pot Pie. Definitely, you would like to serve this rich in flavors pot pie at your birthday party. Moreover, you can serve this pot pie to a large number of guests easily.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium-sized carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium-sized mushroom chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh thyme
- fresh rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chicken chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream ( good quality)
- 2 sheets froze store-bought puff pastry
- 1 medium-sized egg
- Water according to need
- First of all, Pre-heat the oven to 350 °F. Place a large oven-safe skillet over a lined baking sheet with foil. Roll the two sheets of puff pastry together to make one big sheet and put it aside. You can cover it with wet cheesecloth to avoid drying.
- Put a frying pan over medium heat and melt some butter. Add the onion and cook until tender. Add carrot and celery; cook for more than ten minutes.
- Now, Stir in the mushrooms and minced garlic, and continue to cook for more than five minutes or until all the vegetables are properly tender.
- Stir in the rosemary and other herbs. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Once again, Mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Now add the all-purpose flour to the pan and stir continuously. Cook for two minutes or you can feel a toasty aroma. Now add the broth gradually and keep on constantly mixing to avoid lumps. Slow down the flame and let the mixture simmer.
- Let the mixture simmer until it thickens. Usually, ten to eight minutes are enough. Add in the chicken and peas, and let the mixture simmer gain over a slow flame.
- After two minutes, add in the heavy cream and mix well. Cook until the mixture has developed a good aroma.
- Now, pour the chicken mixture into the prepared skillet and cover the prepared skillet with puff pastry sheets. You can trim away the excess with scissors. The heat of the chicken filling will make the puff pastry soften, so carefully seal the edges.
- Whisk the egg with some water in a small bowl and brush the puff pastry with egg water mixture.
- Make a half-inch-long cut on the top of the potpie. Bake pot pie until the puff pastry is golden brown and the filling is fizzy; it usually takes fifteen minutes. Put it on a rack to cool down before serving, and Garnish with rosemary leaves.
Tips And Recipe Variation
- You can add mozzarella cheese to the chicken filling to make it more flavor full.
- You can add more veggies of your choice, such as colored bell peppers.
- Don’t over bake the puff pastry.
- Don’t overcook the vegetable too.
- You can skip any ingredient if you don’t have it in the kitchen or don’t like the taste.
You must consider this delicious pot pie when you are looking for a different birthday dinner menu idea because it is hearty, aromatic, and flavorful. You can serve seven to six guests by following the above-mentioned quantity of ingredients.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
There are lots of questions on the internet about Birthday Dinner Ideas Recipes. Well, we picked some of them which were mostly asked by people and we tried to give the best answer possible for every question.
How To Select The Best Birthday Dinner Menu (Budget-Friendly)?
The selection of a budget-friendly birthday dinner menu is not hard at all. You have to consider a few things in your mind, first of all, your budget and the number of guests. How much you want to spend on the menu matters a lot so decide the recipe according to your budget’.
Moreover, keep in mind the liking and disliking of your guests too. Choosing a menu that most people like, and you can easily make it in large quantities, can help you in this matter. Moreover, purchasing seasonal ingredients can help you to create a budget-friendly menu.
What Should anyone Make For Birthday Dinner specifically?
Birthday dinners are the best time to enjoy and cherish memories with friends and family. There is not anything specific to the birthday menu. Make anything which you and your guests like to eat together, whether it is pizza, pasta, or whole roasted chicken. Moreover, for a twist, you can give a try to some new recipes too.
What Restaurants Offer Free Birthday Dinner?
There are lots of restaurants out there that offer free birthday dinner, and you can choose any restaurant according to the menu and your personal preference.
Is there any Cheapest Food option to serve At a Birthday Party?
We have already discussed some cheap/ budget-friendly recipes in this article. Moreover, any recipe which has few and easily available ingredients would be the cheapest. Choose a recipe with seasonal ingredients that are readily available at low prices.
I’m Not An Expert Cook, So How Can I Cook A Birthday Dinner?
Don’t worry if you are not an expert in cooking. In our birthday dinner menu ideas, there are some recipes that don’t require any cooking skills to prepare, such as chicken pot pie or pizza.
If you choose a chicken pot pie, then you just have to assemble the ingredients, and you can use ready-made puff pastry, but don’t tell your friends that you used the ready-made puff pastry; just make them a surprise. Moreover, try a simple recipe with few ingredients and bang on.
What You Really Should Make On Your Birthday?
There are lots of things to care about before you just make anything. If are into a diet, then you can make some healthy dinner. But I don’t think your friends will gonna like your idea. Healthy recipes suck on birthdays. But don’t worry. There are lots of healthy but tasty dinner recipes you can try out on our site.
Are These Birthday Dinner Recipes Healthy?
To be honest, all of them are not healthy for you, although these are rich in vitamins and other proteins. But some of these recipes contain high-fat content (cheese and oil), so these may not be suitable for a person with high cholesterol levels and other health issues.
Moreover, if you are inviting some people with health issues to your birthday dinner, then make separate food for them according to their health conditions to avoid any unpleasant situation.
Wrapping Up The Things
Birthdays are so special, and there is no better way to celebrate them than having a home-cooked meal with friends and family. It shows your love, affection, and gratitude. These are some easy birthday dinner recipes, and you can prepare them straightforwardly without having any specific cooking skills.
Ingredients are simple, and you can simply find them in your pantry. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead, prepare any one of them as birthday dinner and surprise your loved ones.
Btw, If you are looking for some of the best but healthy birthday dinner ideas, then we have specially made an article on that topic. You can go check out that article if you are really into a diet or you care about your health.
And if you need more birthday dinner recipes, then go and check this post. You might like them too.
What should I make for birthday dinner?
You can make a lot of things on your birthday. But I must suggest you that if you are inviting some friends on your house, then go for some crazy recipes that will blow your friend’s mind.
What restaurants offer free birthday dinner?
There are lots of restaurants out there who offer free birthday dinner like Black Angus Steakhouse, Buca di Beppo, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Firehouse Subs, Hooters, and lots more.
What is the cheapest food to serve at a birthday party?
We have already discussed about them on on this post. If you haven’t read them properly, go and read them. They are super tasty and also cheap which perfect for most of the people.